Saturday, August 29, 2009

T DOT

Sooooo last night we all met for the very first time. Everyone is so friendly and interesting. The group so far has amazing chemistry. I think this is really going to be an amazing 6 months. We have been blessed with an amazing supervisor. Shayne is a very genuine and down to earth man who has lots of experience. We also met Liz who is a facilitator for CWY. She was with us today for the first day of our orientation, but more on that later.

So last night we were given our spending money for the week for food. We all went out for some vietnamese food. Pho fo sho. C: Everybody gets along great. Since myself and another girl who is from Ontario are the only two who are really bilingual, we often find ourselves playing translator. It's all good!

Last night I was so excited I really couldn't get to sleep, so Lake and I hung out until about 4 am. I hope we didn't disturbe any neighbours. Haha. I am a super light sleeper, and my hotel roommate snores REALLY loud, so I really hard slept at all last night. After this post I'll probably go back to my room and have a nice nap.

This morning we got up bright and early for our first day of orientation camp. Lake, myself and a few other people went to Timmy's for breakfast. Liz facilitated our workshop and will be with us again tomorrow and monday. We had a really intense day of bonding, in fact some of it was quite heavy and emotional.

Tonight we're hitting the town. We have pretty much all the freedom we want so yeah. It's not like a school outting where we have a curfiew and we can't drink. Tonight we're going to hit up the Busking Festival downtown I believe. I'm very excited, hoping to see some of my friends who do busking for a living. Tonight we're going out with the other group who is going to a different city in Nicaragua and Saskatchewan. Their group is older than we are. We're 17 to 21 and they are 22 to 24. They're all very nice as well.

Other than that, not much to report. I must say that the reality of this trip is really starting to sink in. So excited!!

Lake will be on soon....


Ari <3

1 comment:

  1. Can you say "amazing"?

    Glad you are having an amazing time so far. I'll mail the recharger tomorrow.

    Peace out from Ottawa.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete