Tuesday, October 27, 2009

5 weeks left! AAHHH!!!

First things first. Lake has decided to stop posting and I believe he deleted the posts he did write. So I guess youll all have to live with just little old me! By the way, I changed the settings so that now anyone can post comments on my posts without having a blogger account.

Well, lets see. I cant remember when was the last time I posted, so Ill just wing this one, ok?

This weekend Vlad came to visit us and he left this morning. I think he enjoyed his stay. We will be seeing him again in our Canadian phase.

On Sunday we had a massive all day power outtage so Thelma decided to bring me along to work with her and Alex. Luke, Kayla and Josue were there also. Vlad tagged along to see what it is that we do for our jobs. We had alot of fun and got some time to chit chat with Vlad. Later that night we had a birthday party but I did not attend because I had work to do on my EAD.

So yesterday was my EAD on Being Human and Gender. It went quite well and I am pleased that its all over an done with. We had a guest speaker and a movie in the morning about domestic violence. Then in the afternoon we went to Los Pipitos, which is a centre for kids with disabilities. Afterwards, I organised and facilitated an activity I created for the group. Everyone seemed to enjoy the day.

This morning Thelma had dental surgery. I believe she had one of her wisdom teeth removed, but Im not entirely certain. I have plenty of experience with that though... I had to convince her to put ice on her cheek. Gawd...

Tomorrow is Alex and Yanines EAD on youth volounteer work. Im pretty excited to see what thats going to be about.

Well thats all I have to report for now. Talk to you all soon.

Aricake

3 comments:

  1. So what's up with Lake? He doesn't want to be published as an author?

    Wisdom teeth eh? Yes, we've had plenty of experiences with those. I hope you told Thelma the story and made her laugh.

    I was wondering if you are planning a little Halloween party? I suppose it might show them a side of our culture. It's second only to Xmas, it seems. What would the Nics think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all the experiences you are having. What a learning curve!

    I think you are probably realizing how lucky and loved you are.

    I really look forward to reading your blogs as an old stay at home nana.

    Keep smiling!!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete