Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ah got mah swim trunks, AND MAH FLIPPY FLOPPIES

Hola muchachos,

Camp this weekend was alot of fun. We did alot of really cool exercises and alot of counterpart bonding. We each had to write a letter to eachothers counterpart... let me tell you it was emotional for me to read Thelmas letter to me. We also were encouraged to discuss everything weve been feeling about the experience so far. Thelma and I almost started crying together. We are extremely close and as we talked about the day we had to seperate, we almost lost control of our emotions. Thelma told me Im a tolerant person, which is the first time I have ever heard anything of the sort. I really do love my latin sister, even though we have trouble understanding eachother sometimes, I still think that we are one of the best counterpart matches in the history of CWY.

Have I ever mentionned tortillas? Well, tortillas are essential to the Nica diet. Making tortillas is truly an art. I finally managed to make some without them being totally lopsided or something. So proud!

This Saturday the Nicas are organising a concert as a fund raiser for their trip to Canada as well as money for the doctor they need to see before leaving Nicaragua. It should be really great and Im hoping that they will be able to raise quite a bit of money. It looks like Ill be doing everyone makeup that night too... I bought myself a special outfit for the occasion as well.

This weekend Kayla taught everyone how to make friendship bracelets. I have made them in years, and we had so much fun. Thelma is addicted to making them actually, so I may have to go find an industrial quantity and teach her how to make different patterns. I learned how to make a couple of different patterns myself actually. Really awesome.

Some people may be wondering how much weight have I lost? Well, Ive defenitly lost my freshman 15. All of Thelmas friends have been telling me how thin I look. Yay for me. Kayla also lost alot of weight, but thats partially because she was really sick at one point and basically lost 5 pounds over night. I just know that Im totally going to put on all the weight I lost back on when we get to Canada... urgh.

On Sunday, the Social Cultural commitee has planned a day trip to the famous CaƱon of Somoto. Its essentially a huge river and a waterfall. Ive heard its beautiful and I cant wait to go swimming. I hope the weather will cooperate that day. Everyone will get to see my amazingly white stomach and thighs! Woo! Gosh, the skin on my stomach is so pale that its practicly fluorecent... Oh well!

Well thats all for now folks. Ta ta!

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment