Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ariane the tarantula

Luke posted a couple pictures on his blog if any of you are interested.
www.nicaraguamaloney.blogspot.com

Alright so heres the lastest story.

Jorge, who is Lakes counter part, is a tank. He trained to be a boxer, and although he is quite skinny, hes very strong and tough, and kind of a macho man. Anyway, outside of Lake´s bedroom, there was a tarantula crawling around. Jorge caught it and now keeps it as a pet. Its a Pico Cabayo, which means it bites horses and cripples them for life. They are extremely dangerous. Jorge decided to name his new pet Ariane, after me. He says its because it looks like me and we have the same personality: scary. How lovely.

Yesterday half of the Esteli group was in Somoto and we got to see them for a few minutes. I met Adrian, who replaced another girl who had to the leave the program. It was nice to seem them and meet some of their counter parts. Ben, their supervisor, stayed the night in Somoto. Supervisors are allowed to take days off, even though they never really seem to. So Ben´s trip to Somoto was his day off I suppose.

Tomorrow were going to half way camp in Tepochcalli for 3 days. I will be cooking canadian breakfasts both mornings, which entails French Toast and Ham and Cheese omelettes! Ill make a veggie omelette for Lake though, haha. Last night I actually made scrambled eggs for Thelma. She couldnt believe how good and simple it was to make haha.

My EAD got moved up to a couple weeks from now, so me and Thelma are starting to stress a bit. But I think itll be under control.

Ive been thinking alot about what I was to do when I ¨grow up¨ since Ive been here. So many new ideas for job oppertunities that I never knew about before. As time has been going on, Ive been trying to paint a picture of my life in the next 10 years. Of course, everything is very much subject to change. I know that I would first like to finish my bachelors before I take any more time off for travelling. I dont think I want to do a foreign exchange with school anymore, but who knows. I would still very much like to teach english in Japan or South Korea when I finish my bach. I also would some how like to fit the SWAP program somewhere in there, hopefully to either do the Australia/New-Zealand program or the England/Ireland program. For future jobs though, I think I would very much like to work for CWY maybe as a supervisor when I am older, or eventually a project manager. I do very much have the intention of being an active almuni member when I am done my program.

anywho.... Im off.

Ari

1 comment:

  1. Arichane - Arachnée, c'est proche einh?

    It's always fun to read your adventures. I'm glad to see they appreciate your good cooking too.

    ReplyDelete