Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yummy truck rides!

Buenas!

Its been a while eh?

Last week the whole Joel thing got resolved, which I am extremely pleased about. Martha, Shayne and Ruth had a talk with him and his boss. Im not surprised that the whole situation was a misunderstanding and a language problem. Joel wanted to personally apologize to me. I would like to apologize as well, I really didnt want to get him into any trouble.

Last week we went to a dance class and learned a bit about Nicaraguan traditional dancing. After that we had a game night, filled with card games and laughter. On Friday, Thelma and I braided Michels hair. Michel has long hair, down to his waist. It took us 6 hours to do. Our fingers were cramping like mad and Michel totally had a stiff neck. It was well worth it though, I think. He really likes it too.

Our half way camp got moved up to this weekend, so forgive me if I dont update again for a while. Im still not sure about the sex ed thing. It doesnt really seem necessary to me, considering were all over 17. Sex ed usually takes place in ones life around 8th grade.

Ive discovered the only way to protect my hair from the crazy wind when we ride in the back of the trucks is to wear my scarf on my head. People have been telling me I look like a gypsy wearing this thing. I dont mind looking like a gypsy, however it does remind of that girl, whos name was Gyspy, in Charlie Mansons "family"...yeaaahhh

Saturday and Sunday this weekend I went to church with Thelma and Melania. On Sunday there was a baptism and Thelma and Josue became the godparents! Romain is under the impression that Thelmas pastor may be trying to convert him... I think he may be right... but oh well! I really dont mind going to church. Im planning on going to the Catholic church on thursday with Jorge and Carmen. Itll be a nice change I think. I told Thelma for Christmas well go to the french catholic church in Prince Albert. Shayne reassured me that there is a french catholic community in Prince Albert. Halleluia!

Yesterday was Vero´s 19th birthday. We havent planned a celebration yet though. Yesterday was also the first EAD. It was Romain and Enmanuel´s EAD and their topic was history. It was very interesting. We had 2 guest speakers, a documentary movie and a field trip to the catholic church as well as the evangelical church (which is Thelma´s church).

Today we went to work and had lots of fun with the kids today. Usually our Tuesday sessions can be a bit tedious, but today we made sure to have some really great activities. Also, there was only a fraction of the kids who showed this afternoon... it was much easier to work with that smaller group than our usually massive group. Today I realised how Thelma and Carmen are really natural born leaders and have a talent for working with youth. All of us believe that they should be teachers. However, Carmen is studying to become a pharmacist (she actually had mid-terms this weekend) and Thelma went to university for secretarial work (or something like that...). I wouldnt be surprised if Thelma one day ended up working for INPHRU. Shes a pretty special lady.

Well thats all for now. Im trying to get Lake to post... No promises though...

Hasta la vista!

Aricake

No comments:

Post a Comment