Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Galletas

Hola chicos,

Weve been pretty busy these past few days. Hummm where to begin?

Well, a couple of days ago we made chocolate chip cookies. It was sooo much fun. We first found a recepie that didnt require baking soda, then we went grocerie shopping, then we went back to my casa to make them. We made them over a cement fire, because we dont have an oven at my house. We made them in a frying pan... and we also didnt have a mesuring cup. On top of that, chocolate chips dont seem to exist in Somoto, so we bought chocolate bars and just folded the cookies with the chocolate inside. They were by far the worst cookies in the world. They essentially tasted like fried sugar and butter... which is exactly what they were. The nicas seemed to like them for the most part. I told everyone before they ate one that they were made with LOVE and that they NEED to love our cookies otherwise I would have hated them forever. Romain thought they were so gross that he almost starting crying after his first bite. He didnt even finish his cookie. His excuse was that as a french man (yes Romain is actually from France, btw) he could only eat good food. I smacked him... I gave the leftovers to a couple of kids... let me tell you they were extremely hyper... I almost regret giving those to them.

Last night, Lake, Luke, Romain and Josue decided to all shave their heads. Lakes hair is the longest... its like a 4. Same with Josue. Luke got a 2, and it was his first time ever having his hair that short. Romain on the other hand went skin head. It was pretty shocking at first. It does suit him. He told me that his hair grows so fast that in 2 weeks from now his hair will be the same length as Lukes is now. Kayla wanted to shave her head too, but she refrained because she wants to donate her hair. I hope Romain doesnt get a sunburn on his scalp... Luke is still really not used to it, but he likes it.


Today is October 1st, which means, we have already completely a month of our program. Im a third done in Nicaragua, which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Im really looking forward to being able to speak english all the time, looking forward to the cold weather and the snow, and looking forward to being able to cook for Thelma. But I will miss Nicaragua dearly. I have a feeling that I will return someday. Hopefully for Thelmas wedding.... or something. Melania is planning to do CWY with the future projects that come to Somoto. I really hope she does. I know she would love Canada. Thelma and Melania are such amazing girls, they deserve so much more than what they have.


Wow this is a huge post eh?....

In two weeks were going to have our mid-session camp. Knowing were almost half way done is terrifying. In our camp we have different activities to take care of. I was sick when everyones activities was appointed to them. I was given sex ed. HELL YES. Exactly what I would have asked for if I was there. Im facilitating sex ed with Lake, Romain and Yanine. It should be a fun time. Vero suggested that we should have a slide show of positions. I think Shayne would hate us forever if we did that though. Hhahahaha.

I dont know if Ive ever mentionned EADs on here. Well, EADs or Educational Activity Days are mandatory of every program in both phases. Each couple of counter parts are given a topic in their foreign country and in their Canadian community and must present this to the group. Ideally we need to incorperate activities. The themes include History, Environment, Government, Health, etc. Thelma and I were given Being Human and Gendre. This was my first choice, so I was uber excited. Were already planning a trip to a youth center for kids with handicaps for our EAD. Im hoping to also get a guest speaker from the mayors office, and maybe go to a womens help centre... My EAD isnt until November 9th, which is one of the last ones. Romain and Enmanuel have History, so their EAD is the first... Its next week. And we only got our topics last week. So Romain and Enmanuel have been cramming and making alot of phone calls.

Well thats a huge post. Sorry if you guys are bored by now.

Adios!

Aricake

No comments:

Post a Comment