Wednesday, September 2, 2009

tomorrow is the big day

I can't believe it. First thing tomorrow morning we will be going to the airport. We don't have a direct flight to Nicaragua however. We will be stopping in El Salvador first!!!! Woo! Another country I can sorta cross off my list. After we have a flight to Managua (the capital of Nicaragua) and we will be taking a bus to Somoto and dropping off the Esteli group as well. It's kinda sad that we've gotten close with the other group and tomorrow will be the last day we see them for 3 months (until our flight to Saskatchewan). But you can only imagine all the things we'll have to talk about on that flight!

I'm sorry if there are typos. I hate PCs... I miss my Macbook... :(. This keyboard is especially rediculous though.

So yesterday and today the departement of international affairs came to talk to us about our integration and culture into NIcaragua. We also had a guest who was Nicaraguan. It sounds like such a lovely place. The rest of the governement crap was pretty boring though. The facilitator was a former CWY supervisor. She was sooooo in shape, it was blowing everyone's minds. She had the most rediculous Popeye arms... like you've never seen.

We went to Lake's house for dinner last night. I got to do some laundry for free :). Lake's mom Shelley was nice enough to do it for me! Thanks again Shelley! (I know you're reading haha) She even folded my underwear!!! That totally BLEW my mind!!! No one has done laundry for me in years, haha.

I'm pretty much done repacking now. We're going for a meeting with Shayne now too. He's going to brief on what will go down tomorrow. I have to go now, Lake is here to come get me.

Later gaters.

Ari

1 comment: