Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quickie

Hola,

I dont really want to spend much time online today, I have to go to my spanish lesson in a few minutes, so here we go.

Not much to update on since my last post. Yesterday was Melanias 18th birthday. She invited some of the canads with their nica counterparts to come to our casa for a huuuuge feast. She also invited half her church. Its crazy how she managed to get that many people in our tiny house. For dinner I took her and Thelma out for pizza. It was soooo good. But the girls made me eat most of it... Afterwards we had a movie night at Josue´s casa and we watched Watchmen. Next week were going to watch the Matrix. Were also planning an eventual Star Wars-athon. Only the old ones , of course.

Yesterday it poored all afternoon. I wore a hoodie for the first time all trip. It was nice to be all bundled up instead of being nasty and sweaty for a change... We got home pretty late. And I was a little sick when I got home too.

Im convinced that my mosquito net that I sleep with is muy useless. Everyday I wake up with new bug bites all over myself. Its annoying. I almost want Malaria though, just to say I survived Malaria. hahahaha....

Ive been looking into my future travel plans after this trip and there are so many options. Im really hoping my mom gets that wicked job with NATO so that a) I have a reason to go to Europe and have a cheap way of going there and b) to have NATO pay me an apartement when I get back. Also, Ive been really interested in the SWAP program. I would do that instead of a foreign exchange with school like I had planned. Alex and myself were thinking of doing is together. Doing one of the two-in-one programs like Ireland and England or Australia and New-Zealand. Personally, I would rather do Australia and New-Zealand. I would love it if Nick would come with me, but the reality is that wannabe med-students and med-students arent allowed to get time off.... And well... I would like to finish my B.A. eventually.

www.swap.ca (just because I know my mom is curious)

Well thats all for now.

Later gater,

Ari

p.s. I love you Nick (there happy? hahahaha)

1 comment:

  1. Oh you know me too well! I don't know why that mosquito net is not working. Did you check it doesn't have holes in it or something? I think that is important to keep you healthy. You don't want Malaria. There is no cure! You'd have it all your life. Not so fun to brag about.

    Back at home, we had a terrific weekend. Annie was here for one night and I managed to get my whole family here (brothers and wives). We had pork roast with potatoes and veggies and a really yummy cake for dessert.

    We sat around the dining table till 11:30pm when everyone went home. We talked about your adventures, of course. Andre and Pam are off to Florida for a couple of weeks. They sold their house a while back but still haven't found a new house to buy. Always a glitch. So they live in a hotel until they move to Florida for the winter or they find a new house.

    Today, Annie took Earl and me to the Hilton Lac Leamy for brunch. She had a $100 gift certificate to spend. The food was fantastic!!! So I am sitting here 5 hours later, still full, just marking and enjoying the house. It's rainy here too.

    Love you lots.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete