Monday, September 14, 2009

Aricakes yucky foot

Dear Home,

So I wasnt allowed to go to work Friday because of my foot. Ruth (our nicaraguan supervisor, and Shaynes counter part) saw my foot on friday just before the bus came to get me and she dragged me to the doctors. He said my foot was mega infected, even though it didnt look like it to me. Ive been taking anti-biotics for a few days now. I have to say, it was extremely infected. It looks so nasty now that all the grossness is coming out. But my foot feels alot better. In a couple days I should be fine. Im going to work on Wednesday.

Today is a holiday, so almost all the internet cafes were closed. There was a parade this morning. I think its independance day or something...

On Saturday night, Thelmas church invited the group to go to mass. It was alot of fun. Her pastor blessed our group and our trip. They have really good music. Thelma is the soloist singer. Shes really amazing.

Yesterday we went to the river, which is close to the famous canon in Somoto. I didnt go swimming because of my foot.

For those of you who havent heard yet, I have completely stopped wearing makeup, which is a huge deal. I only really wear for special occasions. So yeah.

My new nickname in the group is Aricake... In Toronto, for some reason Lake wrote his L like a C, and then he stuck his name tag under mine, so it made Aricake. Yep, Aricake.

I have so many pictures, I really want to post them, but I still dont know when I will. I have some videos as well. Im going to make a huge montage at the end of this trip, Im sure. I might try to add pictures later this week, but dont count on it.

Well thats all for now, later gater,

Aricake

1 comment:

  1. Poor Aricake! I wanted to tell you to be careful of infection when you told me about your foot last week. Thank goodness for antibiotics!

    How cool that Thelma signs so well. Something you both have in common.

    Back at home I have been working on your room. Your furniture is now repainted and looks better. The wall cleaning comes next. I bought you a chandelier in black with crystals. I hope you approve.

    Earl is sending a cover letter and resume to la Nouvelle Scene. But we are not sure if they will have room for him as a techie since Marc already has 3 other co-op students there. Any suggestions? And by the way, I was thinking of sending along your link for this blog to Marc. Ok with that?

    Last question - do you have any idea where my sewing machine is? I can't find it anywhere!

    Love you lots and thinking of you. Tell Princess to write a blog once in a while too, eh?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete