Wednesday, November 25, 2009

An abondance of freckels

Sorry I was in no mood for posting yesterday. Ill try to be a bit more informative and interesting today.

Well first I want to inform you about Pepita, my satanic cat. Originally, I thought she was just a kitten because she is quite tiny, but it turns out shes about 10 years old. She is currently pregnant and has had a dozen pregnancies before. Shes probably due any day now, actually. If you watch her belly closely enough, you can see her kittens are poking from the inside. Its kinda scary, but kinda cool at the same time. Thelma told me that in all her past pregnancies she has eaten all her young... is that not the most twisted thing youve ever heard or what? If Pepita gives birth while Im around and tried to eat her kittens, then I will certain seperate her from them and feed them by hand myself. I will cry and be mortified if I see her eating one of her kittens. I hope she doesnt give birth while were in Totogalpa for evaluation camp...

For the past couple weeks some of us from the group have been working on a side project for INPRHU called the Las Sabannas project. Weve been making signs for their organic shops, restaurants and cafes. Today we pretty much finished the signs, and I must say they look quite nice. Another side project is making a recycling program for INPRHU. Shayne bought a couple of barrels that they can use for disposing plastics and paper. Were going to decorate them this weekend at camp, I believe.

Once we get back from camp Thelma and I are going to start packing. Im so excited. I keep telling her that the less she brings the better. She got a pair of skate shoes from INPRHU today for Canada... oh Thelma, how we have so many things in common. There is nothing better than skate shoes in the early winter! :) I cant wait to get a fresh batch of clothes from my wardrobe. I miss my clothes.

Monday were going to have our Christmas dinner with all the families. I believe it will be a pot-luck style dinner. Thelma said we should bring ice cream from Eskimos... I miss Dairy Queen though. On the first of December, some of the canadians and some of the Nicas have volonteered to do some volonteering at an HIV concert here in Somoto. Weve made some friends here who are from the Peace Corps. They are named Jess, Matt and Katie. Matt and Jess are married and work in health education. They are the ones organising this concert. Katie works in business education, helping kids in Somoto and Yalaguina develope business and marketing skills to be able to sell their artisan products and agricultural products. They are all really awesome people.

Well I have to go now, Thelma and Toribio are waiting for me.

Hasta luego!

Ari

1 comment:

  1. 1.Eww about the cat!

    2.Get that Katie in touch with me. I want to know about her Business Education project.

    3.Your clothes, old and new is happily waiting in your luggage for you.

    Enjoy your last days in the warm weather. I imagine you will have a Christmas dinner in Canada as well. The Nics will be shocked at how un-Christian we are here for religious holidays.

    Why don't you tell us about your host family in Canada next time you post?

    Excited to see you!

    Mamie

    ReplyDelete