Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Next week: Saskatchewan

Well, things are wrapping up. Today was our last day at work and so tonight I need to write a bunch of reports to give in tomorrow. Im pretty excited to go back to Canada, but also quite sad that I must be leaving so soon. At least I know Im coming back relatively soon.

Thursday we have our final camp in Nicaragua. Saturday is the famous Carnival in Somoto, for which we are all quite excited. I dont know what to expect, but Thelma told me alot of people from Honduras come down to the Carnival.

I really dont know what to say today. I kind of came on to update really just for the sake of updating.

The Nicas have a few fears for the trip, such as the plane ride and the inevitable canadian cold. Some of them arent excited, which a, makes me sad, and b, makes me worried that they just wont like Canada. Thelma is pretty pumped to face what ever challenges may come her way. She knows that the first two weeks will be the hardest, just as they were for me when I first came to Somoto.

Ok I really dont have much else to say today.... sorry guys.

Adios!

Ari

2 comments:

  1. Well I am excited to see you next Friday!!! Yes, it's that soon.

    I was looking at some old pics yesterday and found a couple of Mitts and Boots to bring you. And so many other photos that made me smile...

    Yes, expect cold when you get to Sask. I read it might be -10C. Brrrr! I'll have plenty of warm clothes for you and your friends, especially Thelma.

    Keep those card and letters coming. It's always nice to see what you are up to and to look at the new pics you post.

    Ciao Bella! (I know, that's Italian.)

    Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. next week is also my birthday >:I

    ReplyDelete