Saturday, November 14, 2009

Montelimar MAÑA!!!

Forgive my neglegence of late. Weve been mega busy over here and there have been alot of power outs lately, so I have had much time for internet cafes. I have so many things to catch up on here. Oh boy.

Well some good news for you guys. The Nicas got their visas this week! So now were all really starting to get mega stoked for Canada. Thelma and I have been going through all the clothes she wants to bring with her and tells me how she will miss her other clothes. Man, do I sympathise. I can wait to get a whole new bunch of clothing when we get to Toronto. And I cant wait to get my macbook! MAAAH! My camera's memory card is almost full.

Next week is our last full week in Nicaragua. After that we have evalutation camp and then we have only a few days in December and then Adios Nicaragua! Thelma is so excited, but shes sad because shes leaving her boyfriend. Yes, I know how that feels. Being away from my significant other is hard sometimes. But were almost half way done the program.... which is scary. Time flies.

All this week there has been a hurricane in Nicaragua. Hurricane Ida, I believe? It hit mainly the east coast, which are the tropics of Nicaragua. Somoto is up in the mountains. Thank God for that, otherwise we would die of heat I think... The weather here now is actually much cooler than it was in September. Im worried Im going to freeze my bum off when I get back to Canada. Im kind of excited though.

In the beginning of this program, I had so much trouble adjusting to the food, but now I truly love it. Im going to miss plantane and gallo pinto and rosquilla cookies. Its kinda crazy how things like that happen.

Tomorrow were going to Montelimar. We are all so excited. Montelimar is known as one of the nicest beaches in all of Latin America. All inclusive, 24 hour buffet, gorgeous beach and swim up bars. Should be an awesome time for us all. Were also going to Granada and Leon, which are known as the colonial cities of Nicaragua. Lots of shopping for souvenirs and such down there. I must buy myself a shot glass for my collection! I also really want a hammock for my future appartement when I get back home.

Spanish is coming along quite well. I understand most people when they speak to me. I can have conversations in spanish, but my grammar is still God awful. I can hardly conjugate in the past tense and I cant at all in future tense. Pittyful, no? Oh well.

Send me more comments guys! I always love to hear from you all! Remember, anyone can post now. You dont need a blogger account to do so.

Well thats all I have for now. I promise I wont take so long next time.

Ari

2 comments:

  1. Ah, a swim up bar. Leon will certainly approve. Speaking of him, perhaps you could pick up something with his name on it when you visit the city of Leon?

    Your upcoming days sound very exciting. I am afraid boring old Prince Albert will be no match.

    Enjoy the ocean. Remember, the object of the game is to touch as many bodies of water as possible. So dip your toes in the Pacific and enjoy the beach. Bring me a seashell if you can.

    Missing you now that you are so close to coming back to Canada,

    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aricakes, your life sounds so exciting compared to boring old Ottawa. My life consists of baking, cooking, exercise, or sometimes, a good book. The best part is when I get to see my darling grand-daughter Kate. She is already 3 and a happy ball of energy.

    I hope your next portion of your voyage lives up to the first. It's all an adventure and you'll always have the best memories.

    Love,

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete