Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lazy...

Lately, I have really had not felt much reason to post... but it's been quite a while, so I guess I'll make an effort.

Well this week at work was quite productive. In one of our kindergarten classes there was a supply teacher who didn't seem to be all there... the kids didn't seem to care for her much either.

Friday was Thelma's EAD on history, and it went quite well. We had a pow-wow performed in front of us. It was pretty intense. The dancers talked to us a bit about their regalia as well as the type of dance that they interpreted for us. They seemed to be very honest and open people, and I have found a whole new respect for aboriginal people. After the EAD, the girls are kind of starting a new tradition that we have girls night. We head over to the Boston Pizza and then walk across the street to the movie theatre. This week we saw The Lovely Bones. It was sooo good. I would see it again. I tend to hate suspence/murder mysteries, but I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It was kind of avant-guard... in the same way that Across the Universe was... so yeah.

Yesterday we went to someone's cabin next to a lake and took the Nicas skating, ice fishing and snow shoeing. It was so much fun watching them skate. We had to hold their hands and help them along. Josue was actually quite good and independent. After we went in and sang some songs... as usual.

Today has been a pretty lazy day at home. I have a book that I started reading like the week before we left Somoto and I'm only like just past half way done, so I really want to finish it. I like it, but I just never take the time to read anymore... oh well.

Tomorrow is Alex and Josue's EAD. Then on Tuesday is half way camp. We're just about done the program, and it's really starting to sink in. I don't necessarily want this program to end, but I do want to get back to my life in Ottawa. Sometimes the things we do in this program can be a bit tedious. I miss my independence and being able to do and go where I want, when I want. I miss school and my job. I am excited to go home, but I don't want to leave these people who have affected my life so greatly in such a short period of time. This camp should be fun and relaxed. It will be a nice vacation and a time to get back in touch with the group again, since we have been spending so much time apart lately.

I'm still trying to get a hold of more videos from the mascot mayhem. So stay tuned!

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment