Sunday, January 31, 2010

Headbanging should come with a warning

As I sit here listening to the Mars Volta I felt inspired to write a blog post. I know I don't post like I used to when I was in Nicaragua. The truth is, I don't really have as much to write about. Nothing here is particularly out of the ordinary for me enough to write a post about. But meh, I shouldn't keep you all in the dark, after all.

So this week at work was quite productive. In my committee (the public engagement committee) we did a couple of presentations at my school. I believe I've already mentioned the one we made with the 8th grade class on Tuesday. We has another one of Thursday with the 1st grade class. Naturally we didn't talk about the same things that we did with the 8th graders. We told them a little bit about Nicaragua and how there are only 2 seasons there instead of 4, like there is here. And how winter in Nicaragua is in fact hotter than summer. After we taught them some spanish. They loved learning about new places and new words. Now every time I walk by a first grader they say hola to me, haha. I also showed them some of my pictures from Nicaragua and tried to help them understand that many people in the world do not have all the luxuries that many people in Canada have, and that we are very lucky.

Last night Michel, Romain and myself went out to see a local metal show. It's been a very long time since I've gone to a show. It was nice to get out some aggression and release my inner beast for a few hours. There were three bands that played. We headbanged, we moshed, we screamed, we had fun. Today my neck is quite sore, but it's all good. The bands were pretty decent. I had fun.

This week we don't have much else planned, but I will be letting you guys know what's going down asap.

Ari

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would come and speak to my International Business class this semester. I would like them to find out more about international travel, conditions in parts of Latin America and service projects.

    Think you are up to it? You could show some of your pictures or vlogs too.

    Mom XO

    ReplyDelete