Monday, December 21, 2009

Kindergarden

Oh man. As much as I love my job, it's a little tough at times. Right now I am in the computer lab with the kids and Thelma is in the classroom with one of the girls who didn't do her decoration for her parents. I don't mind kids, but I get a little exhausted after a while... and I can't access facebook from here either... and all proxie sites are blocked also... hmph.

Anyways, we had a busy busy weekend. On Friday we had a group meeting where our new EADs will be. Then, Luke and myself were suppose to make a presentation to some kids, but they cancelled litterally at the last minute, so we just hung out with the staff there and ate some cookie with hot chocolate. Pretty sweet, right? Then Friday night most of the girls in the group had a nice little get-together at Vero's house. It was fun to play card games, sing rediculous to rediculous music and play Wii together. I missed hanging out with them.

On Saturday I mostly hung out with Cecilia's grandson, Jonathan. He's 24 and is Mr. Fitness. So Saturday morning we did some yoga together, then went out for starbucks. Later we went to a hockey game because on of his cousin's was playing. Then we went for DQ. Afterwards he took me and Thelma to a dinner the group was invited to at the Multi-cultural counsil. Michel and Luis Carlos work at the Multi-cultural counsil, they teach english, which is kind of funny seeing as how Luis' english is pretty limited, even though it's better than most... and Michel is from Levis... in the heart of Quebec... But Michel's english has improved drasticly since the beginning of this program. Woot woot. Anyways, we all went to the dinner and it turned out that there has been quite a bit of drama going on in the group and it all surfaced that night. I guess that was to be expected since they decided we also had to work with our counter-parts. Now we litterally spend 24\7 with our counter-parts. Luckly, me and my counter-part get along all the time and are always on the same page about everything. Unfortunately, this isn't the case for everyone else. Everything by the end of the night was able to resolve itself though. Thank God.

Yesterday morning, Jonathan and I did another workout. This time we did a DVD called "Ab Ripper X". It's a 16 minute video of ab exercises... anyways, about three minutes in we were both laying on the floor half dead... oh man... I am so sore today.

Yesterday afternoon, we were invited to mass at Cecilia's church. We were also invited for a multi-cultural pot-luck after mass. So the Nicas made tons of food for this dinner. Thelma and Alany made lots of tortilla together for this occasion. It is a tradition at their church to have a meat-less dinner as their last big feast before Christmas. So we had lots and lots of fish. There are leftovers enough to feed an entire soup kitchen. After dinner we sang christmas carols together and got a present from Santa. We got candy... oh boy. It was nice to get to hang out with the whole group a lot this weekend.

Tonight is girl's night. Us girls are going to see New Moon!!! Finally!!! I can't wait to see this movie as New Moon was my favorite book in the series! I heard that this movie is way better than Twilight, thank God. All the canadian girls have been playing this outting since September. I will probably act like a fan girl at this movie. Lets be honest, team Jacob all the way! Woot!

Christmas is this weekend and I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet. I know exactly what I will be getting Thelma and Cecilia. More of Cecilia's family will be coming over for the holidays. It should be a pretty crowded house, I think.

Well that's all for now I think. Later gater!

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment