Friday, December 18, 2009

No internet

Oh my Lord. It has been such a long time since I have updated. I am sooo sorry. I think I may have mentionned this before but I haven't any internet at our house and I cannot use internet at my job either, so this is really the first time I am on in over a week. I have alot of things to say but really no time. I am currently at the Red Cross and I was suppose to do a presentation for a group of kids on the program, but they cancelled last minute... so yeah. Now I will only be giving this presentation to the staff at the Red Cross.

My job is extremely awesome. I work mostly with kindergarden kids and we have a great deal of fun together. At my school we are very busy with Christmas things, so I've been making decorations nonstop it seems. I love the staff I work with. Thelma's english is coming along nicely, which is good.

Life with Cecilia is pretty awesome. Slowly but surely her family has been coming over and some are starting to move in for the holidays. It's bound to be a pretty crowded house seeing as how she has 9 kids and God knows how many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

On Monday the girls have made a date to finally go see the New Moon movie! I am so excited! I was worried that it was out of theatres, but I guess not! All of us are super excited! :)

Today we assigned everyone their new EAD topics for the canadian phase. I have been paired up with Jorge and our topic is media and communications. We are going first... so I'm a little nervous.

Today is the first time the whole group has met up in a week. It feels so nice to see them again. We aren't used to being apart because in Somoto we saw eachother everyday.

The Nicas are adjusting super well to the cold. Everyone is really doing great and getting along pretty good with their new families and jobs. So far, the canadian phase rocks.

I must say that now that we have returned to Canada, I am getting somewhat anxious to returning to my life in Ottawa. I don't want the program to end and I don't want to seperate from the group... but I am looking forward to seeing my friends, my family and my boyfriend when I get back. The day I go home will definitly a very sad and very happy day. I am both excited for it and dreading it at the same time....

Well I have to go now. I will make a more thorough post some other time. No promises when that may be... Toodles!

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment